Hydrating Shampoo for Dry Hair
The beautiful crown on your head, your hair, can look great on some days while look despicable on others. Be it any season, if it is not taken care of properly, your hair can become dry, brittle and lifeless. To keep it in top shape you need to nourish and hydrate it regularly so it reflects your cheerful and healthy attitude day after day.
Presenting Omved Hydrating Shampoo for Dry Hair. This Ayurvedic shampoo for dry and damaged hair can restore your hair to its nourishing best and help it regain lost strength and moisture. It works beautifully to cleanse your hair gently and effectively leaving your scalp healthy and moisturized. This all-herbal shampoo for dry hair penetrates into the scalp to restore hydration with its effective botanicals that include concentrated proteins and a blend of natural oils. Just like a personal hair spa at home.
This is probably the best shampoo for dry hair in India as it contains no harmful chemicals, unlike tall claims made by so-called best herbal shampoos. It contains 100% natural ingredients with no synthetic agents, parabens, sulfates, silicones, petrochemicals, glycols, phthalates, synthetic colours or perfumes. Only the purest - 100% therapeutic essential oils have been, blended in cold-pressed plant oils. This 100% natural and organic shampoo for dry frizzy hair is unique since it contains only herbal actives - pure botanical extracts in a natural skin- and Earth-friendly base unlike many other herbal shampoos in the market.
Fortified with the goodness of Jatamansi and Geranium this is probably the best herbal shampoo for dry hair since it contains plant derived botanicals that cleanse and hydrate undernourished hair from the root to tips. A unique formulation of concentrated proteins maintain the moisture balance whereas Aloe Vera and select vitamins make the hair soft and manageable.
Jatamansi, botanically called Nardostachys jatamansi, is a petite looking root growing in the higher altitudes of the Himalayan region. It is used in the preparation of certain Ayurvedic medicinal Hair oils and products that promote hair growth and keep it from graying. Also known as Muskroot, Jatamansi has several benefits right from being an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory to promoting hair growth, protecting the liver, lowering blood pressure, improving memory and easing depression. To read more about its impact on hair growth and overall health click here.
Overall this unique formulation has been prepared using Ayurvedic wisdom and contains DM water, decyl glucoside, sodium cocoyl glutamate, sodium cocoyl amino acid, cocamidopropyl betaine, hydrolyzed wheat protein, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, arishtak extract, Aloe vera extract (Aloe barbadensis), tocopherol acetate (Vit. E), carbopol, Amla (Emblica officinalis) and Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamamsi) extract, pure therapeutic-grade essential oils of Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) and Neroli (Citrus aurantium), in a safe food-grade preservative blend of sodium benzoate, benzyl alcohol and potassium sorbate.
They are totally safe and gentle for daily use as the shampoo is pH balanced as well. It comes in a 100% biodegradable formula with easily recyclable packaging.
How to use:
Wet your hair. Take a little quantity as per your convenience and thoroughly massage into wet hair for a gentle lather. Rinse after some time. For best results, you can follow it up with Omved Nourishing Conditioner for Dry Hair. Once a while you can also try Omved Hibiscus Brahmi Hair Mask which cleanses the scalp and clears dandruff.
Reasons for dry, limp, brittle hair
Let’s look at some of the reasons our hair can go dry or brittle which will helps us understand the root cause of this problem.
- Chemicals: We use so many hair accessories all year round. Not to mention, sometimes even the most harmful and chemically-laden products such as hair gels, serums and styling lotions. These are packed with chemicals that can cause extensive damage to your hair. Summer already dries your hair out and causes damage and application of chemicals on to it will further damage them. With the onset of monsoon you can make a conscious choice of products that are made with natural ingredients, free from chemicals so that your hair gets the right nourishment and looks fabulous again.
- Hair Dryers: The rising levels of humidity can keep your hair moist and down but think twice before reaching out for that hair dryer. Honestly speaking, it can damage your hair. While we know that monsoons are difficult to let your hair dry on its own, it’s better to avoid the dryer to dry your hair. Also if you don’t dry your hair properly, it can lead to bad hair days and irreversible damage. It is important to note that you should never tie up wet hair and not use those styling tools on your hair either as they will only make it more brittle and drier.
- Weather: The humid weather can dry out your hair faster. So to protect it from going all dry and frizzy you can use a hair mist. A hair mist can also play an important role as it helps to detangle and nourish dry and wispy hair. Keep it in handy wherever you go for glossy and fragrant hair.
- Improper Conditioning: Hair Conditioners help to lock in the moisture in your hair. Depending on your hair type, if you use a rinse out conditioner it will help to keep your hair healthy especially in hot and humid conditions. The right conditioner is always handy to keep your hair hydrated nourished for a long time.
To know more about some do’s and don’ts for hair care click here. Also, if you’re curious to learn more about some excellent hair care tips click here.
Homemade remedies for Dry Hair
While dry hair can be brittle and coarse to the touch it can also be hard to style and manage. Here are some tips and homemade remedies that may be useful.
- Trimming: Trimming your hair regularly can help keep away those split ends and brittleness to the minimum.
- Vitamins: Intake of certain vitamin supplements such as vitamin A, C and the mineral iron can contribute towards healthy hair.
- Antioxidants: Consuming antioxidants so richly found in nature can help you keep your hair looking healthy. Make sure to include foods rich in antioxidants such as walnuts, kidney beans, blueberries, broccoli and tomatoes.
- Avoid Daily Washing: It is important to note that while applying shampoo removes dirt and sweat from your hair, it also strips your hair of sebum.
- Coconut Oil: As a part of your hair oiling routine, you can try extra virgin coconut oil which keeps your hair lustrous and healthy.
Remember there are a whole lot of shampoos that claim to be the best herbal shampoos or totally natural ones for dry hair issues, but it is your experience that will tell the difference.