30 quick lighting charcoal rounds used to burn resins, herbs, incense, and heavy aromatic gums for ceremonies. An Omved charcoal briquette holds the incense in its unique bowl-like cavity, allowing the charcoal to ignite more quickly yet burn more slowly and consistently than other charcoals on the market. Smoulder some natural incense with these charcoal tablets and fill your sanctuary with aromatic bliss.
1. Remove a tablet from the roll.
2. Hold the edge of a charcoal tablet with tweezers. Maintain a firm grip before trying to light the coal.
3. Hold the opposite edge of the charcoal to a candle, lighter flame or stove flame.
4. Keep the charcoal on the flame until the coal burns red. Allow the burning area to begin to spread through the coal tablet. Extinguish the flame.
5. Set the lighting charcoal tablet in a fireproof stone or container. Ideally place on a layer of sand or ash, this helps to retain the heat.
6. Wait for the entire tablet to glow (you will see the sides go grey) before sprinkling incense
7. Place powders or resins can now be sprinkled on top of the charcoal tablet and left to burn slowly.
8. Close roll after tablet is removed to preserve freshness.
9. If tablet is to be extinguished before it is fully consumed it should be placed in an container of cold water.