Are you looking at losing weight? Maybe a strong and a flexible body? What about some peace of mind, less stress, good health, awesome skin and yes, a positive you. What if you could achieve all of these and more? Would it not just make your life beautiful?
If you are seeking the above, then yoga is the answer for you. More often than not, people mistake yoga as just a form of exercise. Most people look at it as an option for just a better and a flexible body, but then did you know of the immense benefits that yoga has to the mind, soul and the breath too? When your body, mind and breath are in harmony, your life change; you are calmer, less stressed and happier.
Let’s look at some of the amazing benefits that yoga has to offer.
1. Increase your physical strength: Yes, you get lots of physical strength with a regular practice of yoga. It is one of the best ways to tone your body and improve your flexibility. Most of the yoga asanas will consist of a series of stretches and poses that will allow you to work on various parts of your body.
2. Improve your concentration: Practising yoga continuously with some meditation can enhance your concentration levels that are useful in everyday life. A good yoga class will leave you with a sense of inner peace and calm that will be with you all through the day. Needless to say that enhanced concentration can help you concentrate better on tasks at hand and improve your focus at work.
3. Get rid of the stress: Most of the yoga asanas require you to breathe in the right way. The breathing-control techniques used in yoga which concentrates on right ways to inhale and exhale can result in relieving the pent up tension that is there is your mind. Certain yoga postures, meditation techniques and practising pranayama are some of the effective techniques to release stress.
4. Say bye to the chronic illnesses: Get rid of that niggling back ache with yoga. Including yoga as a part of your daily routine can make your body strong, supple and flexible. The asanas in yoga combined with the stretches tone your body muscles and helps to improve your body postures, which in turn play an important role to get rid of the aches and pains in your body.
5. Feel renewed and rejuvenated: Are one of those who wake up as well go to sleep feeling completely drained out and exhausted at the end of the day? Yes we know that multi-tasking all through the day is not an easy task, but if you could manage to do so without feeling exhausted, wouldn’t it be wonderful? Just practising a few minutes of yoga everyday can help to provide a sense of renewed energy that can calm and recharge you to tackle the day.
Yoga with its combination of mental and physical exercises can help you achieve bliss at the physical as well as the mental levels. With its series of asanas and postures, it can help to keep your body healthy and the meditation techniques and breathing exercises can help you discipline your mind and be less stressed and calm.
As the Bhagvad Gita said, “The ultimate goal of yoga is, however, to help the individual to transcend the self and attain enlightenment.”
This article is copyright ©2013 by Omved Lifestyle Pvt.Ltd. This article may be reprinted provided that all credit information remains intact. If you wish to use this article, you must include the reprint credits that are shown on the top and the bottom of the article. If you wish to modify any aspect of the reprint credit or article, or use any other content from our blog, you must first contact us at [email protected] to request written permission.