Weekends are a time to relax and unwind, but sadly, most of us are still glued to the phones and tablets connected to the virtual world. There are so many things that one can do in the weekends that can make life fun and interesting. The best part? You are away from the virtual world and being a part of the nature and things that you should be doing.
We’ve listed 7 fun things that you can do on weekends to make it an awesome one. Do you have anything else that we can add to this list?
- De-clutter– Most of us don’t find to indulge in the right kind of cleaning given the busy working schedules we have all through the week. Clearing spaces is healing because it clears the accumulated negativity. Take out at least half a day every weekend to organize your home, whether it is to sort paper work, dust gadgets or just reorganize the rooms at home.
- Relax– Men and women need to take care of their skin and bodies. So why not indulge in some pampering and a nice treatment at a day spa? Indulge in a massage with some calming aromatherapy or rejuvenate the tired body with an invigorating massage. A relaxing massage is one of the best ways to relax after a long stressed out week.
- Go for a walk – There is nothing more therapeutic than being a part of the nature. Go for a morning walk and enjoy the fresh breath of air. Walking in the morning also helps to clear the mind. Visit a hiking trail or a nearby park to wind down from the hectic work week you had. Did you know that research states that viewing bits of greenery is really good for relaxation?
- Do one thing you love – In the madness of work, we often forget what brings us joy. Do you remember one thing that you did as a child that filled your heart with happiness? It is time to rediscover that now. Live in the moment. Dance, listen to music, learn a new sport, write a blog, learn a new language, bake a cake, dabble in some photography; the list of things that you can get back to is probably endless.
- Send a postcard:When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone. Wrote, not sent an e-mail! We are so used to emails that we have forgotten the joy of writing and receiving physical letters. Take time out to send out letters or personal cards to friends and family who stay in a different city.
- Meet your neighbours: How well do you actually know your neighbour? If you don’t know them, make an effort to introduce yourself to them and invite the interesting ones over for a cup of coffee and a chat, just to get to know each other better. Good neighbours can become your friends making it into a lasting relationship.
- Explore a new place: Do you have kids? If yes, take them to a museum or a zoo where they can learn about the history and art or explore wildlife. It makes a difference to actually see things in real life and not just a television or a laptop. For kids, this is a new way of learning too.
Take one step at a time and do things that you love and rediscover things that you want to do. Take time for yourself! What are your favourite ways to unwind on a weekend?
This article is copyright ©2013 by Omved Lifestyle Pvt.Ltd. This article may be reprinted provided that all credit information remains intact. If you wish to use this article, you must include the reprint credits that are shown on the top and the bottom of the article. If you wish to modify any aspect of the reprint credit or article, or use any other content from our blog, you must first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request written permission.