This nourishing and nutritious recipe is perfect to pacify the kapha dosha. Most of the ingredients used in this recipe are ideal for to balance the increased kapha – apples, asparagus, carrots and black beans, chick peas, white beans. This meal tastes the best when it is hot!
Time taken to cook this recipe Yield
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time:40 minutes
- Total Time: 80 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Serving Size: 200 gms
What you need to make this rice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 00 gms broccoli blanched
- 5 sprigs of asparagus boiled in salted water
- 2 carrots shredded and blanched
- 1 bunch of spinach cleaned blanched and chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large apple, smoked and then chopped.
- 100gms black beans, soaked and boiled
- 100gms chickpeas, soaked and boiled
- 10gms white beans, soaked and boiled
- 250 gms of basmati rice. Cleaned and soaked for 30 min
- 20 raisins
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 table spoons diluted yogurt
- 2 table spoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until it begins to soften. This should take bout 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and minced garlic to the pan and sauté for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the apple and cook for another minute. Add the beans and remove from heat.
- Combine mint leaves, mustard, paprika and pepper and diluted yogurt in a blender. Blend at high speed until the mint leaves are completely smooth. Pour this sauce into the onion and beans, and stir well.
- Chop the asparagus into small pieces
- Heat ghee in a pan and sauté the rice. Add enough water for it to cook till it is soft.
- Add salt , shredded carrots asparagus , broccoli and spinach
- Put the rice on a baking dish
- Spoon mixture of the beans and mint sauce – onto the rice,
- Sprinkle the resins on top.
- Bake in an oven at 200 degrees c /medium heat for 15 minutes.
This article is copyright ©2013 by Omved Lifestyle Pvt.Ltd. This article may be reprinted provided that all credit information remains intact. If you wish to use this article, you must include the reprint credits that are shown on the top and the bottom of the article. If you wish to modify any aspect of the reprint credit or article, or use any other content from our blog, you must first contact us at email@example.com to request written permission.