Pampering our feet is often a luxury we keep only when we visit a foot spa or a salon. Very often our feet are the most neglected part of the body. We have listed simple steps that will allow you to take care of your feet all year around. One good thing to follow at any point of time is to wash your feet thoroughly after you are back at home. Use lukewarm water to wash your feet and a mild cleanser to get the grime and dirt out of the feet completely.
You need to know that well groomed feet contribute greatly to your overall beauty and personality. For most of us, foot care is not a priority despite the fact that our feet bear the weight of our body all through the day and they could do with a bit of pampering!You don’t need to step to a beauty salon to get a pedicure and you can indulge in one right at the comfort of your home. So, if you are ready, here is what you need:
- Bucket with warm water (or water as hot as you can take)
- Foot Soak
- Foot Scrub
- Nail clippers and files
- Intenser moisturizing cream
- Start with washing your feet thoroughly. Use a mild soap to cleanse it thoroughly at pat dry. Cut your nails and file them to the desired shape.
- Soak your feet in a pail of warm water (or as hot as you can take). Add a fistful of foot soak to it to help you relax. You can also add a fistful of rock salt and a few drops of peppermint and lavender essential oil if you do not have a foot soak at home. Soak your feet for at least 10 minutes.
- Take out your feet and apply a bit of exfoliating scrub and massage your feet in circular motions for at least 3 minutes for each foot. Dip your feet in the water again to cleanse the feet and pat dry completely.
- Take a generous portion of the intense moisturizing cream and massage your feet with the cream till it is completely absorbed. If your feet feels dry, you can use some more cream to nourish the feet.
- Take a towel dipped in hot water and squeeze out the excess water. Wrap this towel around your feet for complete relaxation. The hot towel will act as a compress and relax your tired feet and also help to wipe away excess oil.
This article is copyright ©2013 by Omved Lifestyle Pvt.Ltd. This article may be reprinted provided that all credit information remains intact. If you wish to use this article, you must include the reprint credits that are shown on the top and the bottom of the article. If you wish to modify any aspect of the reprint credit or article, or use any other content from our blog, you must first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request written permission.