The 100% Natural, no side-effects Knee Pain Relief is here!
Knees and Elbows are some of our body’s finest engineering equipment that defines our mobility and outreach. In today’s hectic routine, to take care of them and maintain peak health, leading an active lifestyle is the best precautionary measure. Unfortunately, knee pain affects most of the population at some time or the other. In fact, approximately 350 million people across the world suffer from arthritis. To know more about knee pain, in detail click here.
There are multiple reasons that may cause knee pain and there’s no doubt that it can affect people of all ages. It may be the result of a sedentary lifestyle, improper lifting of weights, a sports injury, an injury caused over time due to obesity, or even a ruptured ligament or torn cartilage. Certain health conditions such as arthritis, gout, and infections may also be the culprit.
Even as it affects more people, the heartening fact is that many kinds of knee pain respond well to self-care and physical therapy without the administering unwanted drugs and painkillers. Besides regular remedies, time-tested and proven solutions such as Ayurveda-prescribed warm or cold compression can help alleviate the symptoms and aid in quick recovery. Introducing Omved Pain Relief Knee Elbow Wrap that’s 100% natural and effective in warding off many types of knee and elbow pain.
Pain Relief Knee Elbow Wrap – a 100% natural, Ayurvedic solution
The Pain Relief Knee Elbow Wrap is a 100% natural, Ayurvedic solution without any side-effects, unlike many OTC drugs and pills. This multi-purpose, hot and cold compression elbow wrap helps you heal and soothe an injury. This reusable Knee Pain Relief Wrap revives the Ayurvedic tradition of moist herbal healing.
Multi-purpose Therapy Wrap
As a multi-purpose therapy involving hot or cold application, this compress is a natural solution for knee/ankle/arm pain relief, tennis elbow, arthritis joint pain, stretched hamstrings, swellings, sprains, and sports injuries.
Ingredients – what makes it the Best Knee Pain Relief Wrap
This knee elbow pain relief compress or wrap is filled with a proprietary combination of aromatic healing herbs. These herbs are then blended with selected therapeutic grade essential oils and oil-rich premium quality grains. As a microwavable therapy this compress is a safe, affordable, convenient and reusable knee and elbow joint pain relief.
The hot or cold compression therapy wrap is sewn with sectioned pockets for even distribution of weight and warmth. This herbal knee compress also has a customizable fitting band and is perfectly contoured for a comfort fit. The multiple Velcro straps secure it safely in place allowing the user free mobility while applying the wrap.
How the Pain Relief Cold and Heat Wrap works!
Warming the Pain Relief wrap triggers a natural healing action, caused by the pure herbs and oil-rich botanicals within. This warm heat creates an unparalleled moist herbal healing therapy to relax muscles, stimulate blood flow and improve circulation, help increase range of motion, and reduce stiffness in painful joints.
Alternatively, upon freezing, this knee and elbow ice wrap can also be used as a cold compress, to reduce inflammation, swellings, and bruises, by slowing the rush of blood to the aggravated joints.
Besides soothing aching knees and elbows, as a herbal therapy, this amazing Ayurvedic knee pain relief product can help relieve -
- Osteoarthritis pain
- Sports injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Sports injuries
- Cold feet and hands
- Swelling and inflammation
- Stiffness in joints
Features and Benefits:
Ergonomically Designed - The Compress is ergonomically designed to fit snugly around the knee and evenly weighted to therapeutically provide deep, penetrating moist heat therapy.
Best Aid for Knee Pains in elderly and young alike – As one of the best home remedies for knee pain in old age, this joint pain relief warm wrap is an excellent therapeutic aid to ease Knee discomfort due to regular wear and tear the ligaments in our knees are exposed to resulting in swollen knees.
Hot & Cold Therapy - One of the safest and most effective ways to apply compression. Hot and Cold Therapy interacts with the body to help alleviate pain and inflammation of muscles and joints
100% Natural Grains Filler - Omved’s premium 100% natural grains filled Compress is the best answer to the question, ‘how to cure knee pain naturally’. It acts as a cooling and heating pad that is inspired by the ancient Vedic wisdom of moist warm/cold healing.
Definitely safer and more effective than Hot Water Bags - This Compress retains both heat and cold and is made of a premium soft cotton material making each use safe and comfortable on the skin and making the heat comfortable on the skin too.
Instructions for use:
It is recommended to carefully follow the instructions as below –
As a Hot Compress:
- First Time Use - Warm the compress in a microwave for 90-120 seconds.
- Consequent Use – Keep hydrated by placing a glass of water alongside the compress when warming. Alternatively, sprinkle with water before heating. Warm for 60-90 seconds and place around knee or elbow, as required.
As a Cold Compress:
- Cool compress in a sealable bag in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove and apply.
Note: If increased heat is required, it is advisable to heat further at one-minute intervals. Never heat the wrap beyond 90-120 seconds at a time. Leave bag to cool down before reheating. Do not use a gas cooker or grill. Make sure the compress can rotate freely in the microwave. Do not overheat.
To know more about when to apply ice or heat during a tendinitis pain, click here.
- It is not advisable to place the wrap directly onto sensitive or damaged skin.
- Always consult your doctor or an orthopedic if you're in doubt.
- Do not warm the compress unattended.
- Discard product if torn.
- Overheating of compress in the microwave can also cause burns to the skin upon contact.
- The organic filling dries out with age and becomes more combustible so check your compress for signs of age and scorching regularly.
- Check periodically for open or loose stitches to ensure grains remain contained.
Can I adjust the knee compress or is it a one size fits all?
We have a standard sized knee compress; however it comes with adjustable straps that allow you to adjust the compress to give you the best fit desired.
Is the compress safe to use every day?
Yes, the compress is safe to use daily, as often as desired.
Can I use it as a cold compress?
Yes, of course, you can. This Pain Relief wrap offers multipurpose application; hot, moist and cold.
Can I use an ointment like a pain balm to apply to the affected area before using the compress?
Yes, you can massage the area with an ointment before using the compress. We suggest you use a thin cloth on the body to avoid soiling the compress. Omved's pain relief balms and oils are ideal to use before applying compression.
How long will this knee and elbow wrap last?
For a complete shelf life of 2 years, we recommend using this Pain Relief wrap as per the instructions.
Knee and elbow pain can manifest in various forms. Read on to know more about symptoms, causes, preventions and various home remedies for elbow and knee pain relief.
Symptoms of Knee Pain and Elbow Pain
Knee Pain can affect almost anyone from all walks of life so some of the symptoms that accompany knee pain may include the Inability to straighten knee or elbows, Swelling and stiffness, Redness and warmth to the touch, Weakness or instability, Popping or crunching noises etc.
Some common causes of knee pain
There are several causes of knee pain right from injuries, types of arthritis and other problems. Injuries may include the following:
Fractures – injury to the bones of the knee or kneecap during accidents or falls
Torn meniscus – the rubbery cartilage between your shinbone and thighbone
ACL injury - the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), a ligament that connects your shinbone to your thighbone,
Knee Bursitis – inflammation in the bursae, or the small sacs of fluid that provide cushioning to the knee joint to enable the tendons and ligaments to move smoothly.
Patellar tendinitis which means irritation or inflammation of one or more tendons – the thick and fibrous tissues which attach the muscles to the bones. Know more about it here.
Other more common causes for knee pain include types of arthritis such as Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, Septic Arthritis or more.
5 tips to prevent knee and elbow pain
Reduce weight: One of the most common causes of knee pain is obesity. Staying lean and mean can play an important role in warding off injuries. Excess body weight alone can increase the risk of injuries as it places undue strain on your joints and decreases mobility.
- Warm-up: It is always advisable to do a little stretching and warming exercises everyday to prevent stiffness in the elbow and knee joints. It is the best way to begin a daily exercise regimen. When you do a light warm-up it prepares your joints and ligaments for the strenuous routine ahead.
- Hand Mudras: There are several hand mudras that have been prescribed by ancient Indian sciences for health and rejuvenation. You can try the Vayu Mudra for quicker relief in all kinds of pain. Click here to read more about pain relieving and other mudras.
- Strengthening Exercises: Weaker muscles can lead to frequent injuries so it’s better to strengthen and develop your muscles by building your hamstrings and quadriceps that support your knees. You should also strengthen your wrist, arm, shoulder and muscles in the back to protect your elbow by doing recommended exercises or specific exercises in yoga for knee pain and sciatica.
- Exercise Smart: You cannot afford to aggravate your knee injury or pain by continuing the wrong kind of exercises. For a smooth and low-impact exercise regimen that places lesser pressure on your joints, try taking up swimming or even water aerobics.
How to Prevent Work Injuries
Certain job profiles, especially desktop jobs, demand constant attention towards the same kind of repetitive motions and activities. So in this case you can take the following steps to avoid injuries:
- You can adjust your workstation to fit you rather than the other way around to reduce undue pressure and strain on your body.
- Try and rotate routine tasks during your day. This will ensure that you use different muscle groups every time.
- Taking breaks is a boon for tired elbow and knee joints. Do walk around for 5-10 minutes after every hour or take a moment to take a deep breath and simply stretch at your work desk.
- You must note that leaning on your elbow for too long on a desk can cause bursitis, a painful swelling and stiffness in the joint. To protect your elbows and reduce strain, you can store and keep heavy items in a place where it’s easy to reach them.
9 Home Remedies for Knee Pain Relief
- Exercise – It is known that some forms of physical exercise can help slow down the progression of osteoarthritis. Since activity is important to the normal health of cartilage tissue it also helps to strengthen the body's support for its joints. Strengthening the leg muscles is particularly helpful for the knee.
- Good posture – Sitting correctly also reduces the pressure on knee joints, so avoid sitting on chairs that are too low where the person seated sinks below.
- Weight loss – Our knees carry our entire body weight and so it is imperative to reduce weight as per the ideal Body Mass Index (BMI).
- Aromatherapy – It is no secret that essential oils may help reduce pain. As per studies it is suggested that massaging with an oil containing ginger and orange improved pain and function in knees with moderate to severe pain due to osteoarthritis. Read on more about the benefits of essential oil here.
- Ayurvedic Pain Relief Oil – Massaging with an Ayurvedic Pain Relief Oil can offer various benefits. You may try the Sukhata oil by Omved for effective relief from joints and muscle pains.
- Acupressure – Acupressure is one of the ancient sciences known to man that balances the energies of mind, body and spirit. It involves the applying of pressure based on knowledge of specific points that stimulate various organs and parts of the body. Click here to read about the benefits of acupressure through scientific studies.
- Massage – A good and relevant massage around the thighs and knees can help relieve the symptoms of knee pain. According to the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) it should be done in a seated position with the knees pointing forward and the feet flat on the floor.
a) A good massage or self-massage will involve loosely closing the hands into fists, tap the upper, lower, and middle thigh 10 times with both hands. You can repeat it three times.
b) Then sitting with the feet flat on the floor you may firmly place the heel of your hand on the top of the thigh and move it as far as the knee, then release to repeat five times. You can then do the same for the inner and outer sides of the thigh.
c) Place the palm of the hand on top of the thigh and then firmly move it down the thigh, over the knee and back up the outer thigh.
Always massaging the thigh muscles will have a beneficial impact on the knee.
- Acupuncture – As an ancient remedy acupuncture is known to reduce and offer relief in knee and elbow pain. To read more about the benefits of acupuncture and its effect on knee pain, click here.
- Reflexology – Reflexology, also known as Marma Therapy, is one of the oldest therapies that originated in India. Some of the subtle benefits of Marma therapy is to reduce pain, detoxify the body, promote good sleep, improve endurance and more.
Sports injuries are majorly caused while indulging in athletic activities, exercising or other sports. The most common form of sports injuries are Ankle Sprain, Groin Pull, Hamstring Strain, Shin Splints, Knee Injury and Tennis Elbow. It doesn’t matter what your sport is, it is always recommended to follow following safety tips to keep your elbows and joints safe:
Always stretch before and after play to warm up your muscles.
Play your sport using the right techniques. Taking lessons to learn the right techniques will make your correct your actions and posture while you play the game.
One of the most recommended therapies by sports physicians and physiotherapists for getting faster relief in sports injuries is by using warm and cold compression. The Pain Relief Knee Elbow Wrap is an excellent remedy that can be used at home.
Though knee pain and elbow pain is a common health condition faced by most, the good news is it can be effectively treated by taking proper measures. Read more about how to get rid of aches and pains with the help of Ayurvedic compresses, click here.
In case of any doubts regarding self-care it is always advisable to consult a qualified physician, specialist or physiotherapist before beginning any exercises or self-administration.